Master Franks Fitness Centres
How we use Club Members information
The categories of Club Members information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information such as student name
- special categories of data including characteristics information such as gender, age, height, weight and grade
- Parent and student contact information (such as name, date of birth, address, emergency contact)
- competition data collected and shared with the Irish National Taekwondo Association, to advise and guide students on the next steps in qualification or grading
- Photographs or video may from time to time, instructors may be taken in the class or competitions for the purposes of the advancement of training and in recognition of student achievements.
- qualifications (and, where relevant, subjects taught)
Why we collect and use this information
We use Student information data to:
- Enable the development of a comprehensive picture of the member to assist with progression in the sport;
- Inform students about the development of the sport, Club;
- Enable students to progress onto higher level competitions;
- Enable the Irish National Taekwondo Association to track and improve Taekwondo for its students.
The lawful basis on which we process this information
We process this information under the membership contract you have entered into with Master Franks Fitness Centres or in relation to the steps taken to enter into that contract.
Where information of a non-sensitive nature is processed and is therefore in the Club’s legitimate interests i.e. membership of the club. Where sensitive data is processed by means of consent, with appropriate safeguards and is in the legitimate interests of the Club. Or is in your vital interests.
Collecting this information
Whilst the majority of information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with data protection legislation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain membership information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Storing this information
We hold your data for the duration of your membership with the club. Where we have invoiced for items or collected payments, the Club will retain your information for 7 years.
Who we share this information with
We routinely share this information with:
- Irish National Taekwondo Association
- International Taekwondo Federation
- Other Associations, Federations or Club’s where competitions are held
The reason for sharing your data is to highlight and encourage competitors to advance in the sport. Or to apply for further funding to ensure the sports or clubs longevity.
Why we share membership information
We do not share information about members with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
It is a pre-requisite of the sport that all club members register with the Irish National Taekwondo Association, hence we will supply information to them, for this and insurance purposes.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact the administrator/data protection officer at (353) 82 852 1955 or email email@example.com
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://www.dataprotection.ie/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact:
Gerrit van Maarleveld – administrator/data protection officer at (353) 82 852 1955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org